I scoured the internet for tips on how to look like a professional HR lady with a bump at work without buying an entirely new wardrobe. Here are some of the things in my closet these days (all of which I love).
- LC Lauren Conrad Crop Ponte Blazer (non-maternity)
- Old Navy Maternity Pixie Low-Panel Ankle Pants
- LOFT Olive Branch Floral Scarf (non-maternity)
- Motherhood Maternity Petite Skinny Maternity Jeans
- Express Overlapping Leopard Print Quad Scarf (non-maternity)
- H&M Fine Knit Cardigan (non-maternity)
- Motherhood Maternity Petite Bi-stretch Suiting Straight Leg Maternity Pants
- Old Navy Maternity Jersey Cami
- by&by Long-Sleeve Embellished Sweater Dress (non-maternity)
- Apt. 9 Essential Cocoon Cardigan (non-maternity)
For the other petite first-time pregos out there in a maternity wear rut, here are my tips:
- I've gotten a lot of use out of my non-maternity sweater dresses. I know I won't be able to wear them throughout my entire pregnancy, but they've gone a long way already.
- Non-maternity blazers and sweaters create a polished look for work and will fit post-baby too.
- Dress up basic pieces with scarves (or statement jewelry during warmer seasons).
- Cough up the cash for good maternity basics. They're worth it.
- If you wear petite sizes, buy maternity clothes in petite sizes too. Don't try to fake it with regular sizes!
- Check out thrift stores and discount stores (Marshall's, Ross, TJ Maxx, etc.).
I still have up to 12 more weeks of dressing a growing bump, so if you have any tips for the home stretch, please tell me!