A few years ago, my sister brought cream cheese croissants to Thanksgiving dinner. They didn’t last long. Those babies are Heaven wrapped in rainbows. Due to my culinary doubt, I never made them, but then I realized how easy they are to make. I highly recommend that you make these. They will have you smiling and sighing “Mmmmm” in no time.
Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Rolls
Makes 8 rolls
Makes 8 rolls
- 1 tube of crescent roll dough (I used Pillsbury brand.)
- 6-8 0z. cream cheese
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Optional: Cinnamon
- Unwrap dough and separate into 8 triangular pieces.
- Spread 0.5-1.0 oz cream cheese on each piece and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Roll them up, and place them on a baking sheet. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Optional: Add “toppings.” I made 3 with chocolate chips, 3 with cinnamon, and 2 plain.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
These crescent rolls are perfect desserts for parties or for gifts. We brought some to our neighbors who took care of the cats when we went on vacation last month. They called us ten minutes after we got home to ask for the recipe. They’re a hit! (Once I figure out how to make vegan dough, I want to try a vegan version.)
Give these treats a whirl, and let me know what you think. Happy Monday, y’all!
Oh, you better wipe that drool off your chin.