* * * * * * * * * *
Butterfly garland from one of my best friends for Valentine's Day. :)
If only weekends could be longer! I would much rather work four ten-hour days and have three-days weekends. Can I get an "Amen"? I was in total student beast mode last week, so when Friday night rolled around, almost all of my work for the week was done. You might as well have told me I won one bajillion dollars. (How many zeros are in one bajillion?)
I enjoyed a weekend without a care for the past or the future. I did whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. I stayed up late. I slept in. I veg'ed out on the couch. We checked out a pizza joint for lunch. I watched Poltergeist for the first time. I let my hair fly its freak flag. After a year and a half, I finally transferred music to my not-so-new-anymore laptop and laughed at some of my severely misled music choices of yesteryear that I still love anyway.
It's Monday which means I'm going back into student beast mode through Thursday. But hey. There's plenty that makes me happy right now:
- Clean laundry.
- A text from one of my best friends with a photo of one of our first "friend date" spots in NYC on her bike ride through the city.
- Hot chocolate.
- Finding myself on this really great list of blogs in On Blogging: What I Read at Something Charming. I love that she acknowledged the blogging community in addition to individual blog pieces like design, photos, and content.
- Incubus' Make Yourself and Morning View albums. High school obsession.
- Kettle Chips, particularly Sea Salt and Sea Salt & Vinegar.
- The Oscar results! I loved Django Unchained, Lincoln, Silver Linings Playbook, and Argo! I still need to see Les Miserables. The mixed reviews deterred me, but I'll watch it when it makes it to DVD or TV. I heard Anne Hathaway was quite fabulous in it, and now she has the Oscar to prove it.
- My dad and I say "Woot woot!" to each other all the time now. We're so hip.
- The spinach and artichoke dip at Goose's Acre.
- Kisses on the forehead. They never get old. (Are you reading this, dear husband?) I feel like I need to make a meme with my husband's photo that says: "Marriage. You're doing it right."
Cheers to a happy week!