|Yoga break from studying yesterday (#YogaADay with Grow Soul Beautiful)|
So... remember that time I was supposed to write a paper but ended up reading my friend's blog? And then I went back to writing my paper but then had an impromptu Skype date with one of my best friends at 9:00 p.m.? And then sang a song which I made up on the fly with lyrics like "I love writing papers, Because they're so much fun, Bullshit, I'm totally lying to myself right now, I don't want to do this, But I'm doing it, Because I'm awesome at life." (The royalties for that one are just rolling in.) And then finished my paper and submitted it three minutes before the deadline?
That was totally last night.
I haven't been such an "eleventh-hour pusher" since college. It's nice to know I've still got it. ;) But I don't plan on doing that again. (But I will, I'm sure.)
One of my absolute favorite bloggers recently started writing a list of 100 dreams after reading 168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think. Throughout college, I wrote in a journal consistently and used to keep a running list of goals and dreams. Some are the same, some are different. I thought it would be interesting to put together a new list, so I'm sharing...
My List of 100 Dreams
- Read the entire Harry Potter series
- Create "best of" photo albums with the digital pictures dating back to 2006
- Read one leisure book per month (starting with Journey Into Shadow by Sarah!)
- Make working out a priority (because it's not right now)
- Cook something new once a month
- Take more pictures
- Keep a childhood journal for my kid (like my mom did for me)
- Be less judgmental
- Master a handstand
- Stop waiting until the 11th hour (Ha!)
- Prioritize wants and needs
- Finish graduate school
- Have a country house with a clothesline that looks romantically simple, not trashy. ;)
- Make a wedding album
- Visit a European castle
- Ride my bike more often
- Use baby sign language with my future kid
- Have a garden and composting bin
- Familiarize myself with the number keypad on the right side of the keyboard, so I don't have to look at it as I type
- Meet Christiane Amanpour
That's all I have for now, but I'll share the next 20 soon. Do you keep a list of dreams or goals? I always forget just how much I want to accomplish until I start writing it down.
How was your weekend? Are you pumped about Election Day?!