I don't know about you married folk out there, but the only time I wear my wedding ring at home is when I'm getting ready to head out there door. That heightened awareness and caution of first wearing it never wore off, and I'm afraid I'll get it caught on something. I'm probably a rare breed of female that feels more relaxed at home when I don't have to worry about it!
Yeah, that was just an opportunity to post a photo of my ring, because I love it. Sue me. :-) That poor beauty just sits on my bathroom counter, tucked far into the corner so it won't fall in the sink, whenever I'm home. I finally conceded and gave it a proper "home" this weekend.
DIY: Small Jewelry Catch-All
4 oz. canning jar like this Ball 4 oz jar (I bought mine on sale for $1 at Hobby Lobby.)
Hot glue gun
Satin or glossy finish spray paint
1. Clean your jar to remove any residue or dust.
2. Remove the two-piece lid. Flip the lid rim over and trace a circle on the back of your fabric using the inner circle, not the outside of the lid.
3. Spray paint the outside of the lid rim. (Avoid painting the inside; otherwise, it will be hard to screw it back on later.)
4. Using a hot glue gun, glue the fabric to the inside of the jar. After the paint dries, screw the lid rim on the jar.
5. Tie your ribbon around the jar.
Simple! My ring now has a soft and protected place to sleep at night (along with a few pairs of earrings)! I chose the fabric and ribbon to match the book box I keep my make-up in.
My weekend of full of crafting (well, for my standards), cooking, and sleeping. Bliss! Oh, and I also caught The Time Traveler's Wife at, like, midnight on Saturday and couldn't resist. I just sat there and let myself cry through the end. Such a girl!
How was your weekend?