We won't know her official weight until next Monday, but I'm going to guess that she is 14 lbs. She has gained 2.5 lbs. at each of her last two appointments!
I'm going to guess 25 inches long.
- It seems like she skipped an entire size of clothing. Just a few weeks ago, I busted out her 3 and 3-6 month clothes. They didn't last long! I tried to fit her into three different outfits, and they were too small already! She has a few 3-6 month onesies that are still doing the trick, but as of two days ago, her 6 month clothes are in rotation.
- Press has become quite talkative in the last five weeks or so. She mimicks sounds, hums with different inflections, and has developed a very specific babble and facial expression that we now identify as "I'm going to start crying in 3-5 minutes if you don't pick me up." I appreciate the advance notice. ;)
- All she wants to do these days in stand up. She can't crawl, but by golly, let the girl stand! Every time I want her to sit on my lap or sit in the bath tub, she straightens her legs.
- Her hair sprout is growing longer, but like her, it's still standing!
- She is becoming so self-aware. She stares at her feet when she kicks, and she intently watches her hands when she sits in her bouncy chair or lays in her crib. I loooove watching her twiddle her fingers and hearing her babble to herself! She does it most mornings until I peek over the edge of the bed and say "good morning" to her.
- She is smitten with her dad! He can get a smile out of her so quickly. When I rock her at night, she'll stare at him as her eyelids get heavy. One night we were all on the couch together, and I said, "Is Dada your pal? Is Dada your best friend?" He smiled at her, and she gave the biggest grin. It is so magical seeing them together. (Yes, I said magical. Motherhood makes one extremely mushy.)
- She is up one or two times at night but usually back to sleep within 20 minutes. I count my lucky stars, because I know many moms who lose/lost a lot more sleep than that!
- She sucks on her fingers a lot, and we're wondering if teething will soon be upon us. God bless our souls.
She is a happy, fairly easy-going little lady so far. We can't get enough of her -- her eyes, her sounds, her sprout, her toes, her belly. When we talk about everything we love about her, my husband simply says, "We win." I agree!
1 Month Old
2 Months Old